Thursday, June 3, 2010

Breast Cancer --- the end is in sight!

So after hearing more information about the Breast Cancer vaccine (follow-up from the last post), and Phil looking at the proteins and the "scientific" knowledge... Basically the way it was explained to me was that the researchers were able to locate something in the body that was there only when breast cancer was present. They were able to create a vaccine that causes your body to fight off the "cell/protein" <--- (we are calling it both because Phil is not presently here to tell me which one it is).... all on its own.

So they are hoping to start experimenting with it within the next year, which according to my pharmaceutical engineer, it could possibly (if it works) be available in 10 years... while it sounds like a long time, it's really not. My main focus is knowing that there is now a possibility that by the time I have a little girl, she could receive a vaccine that would make her breast cancer free.

In present time...

Training went well yesterday, it was SOOOOO hot and humid. After 4 miles I could barely breathe. Thank goodness that we will be training in this heat and then traveling to a colder place!

Saturday is another garage sale!! Thank you everyone who has given us stuff again, we have so much, we are having to have it at home again instead of traveling because we could not fit it all into two cars. THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Also, this was pretty much the most awesome surprise of all.... Ana, who reads the blog and postings and has followed everything, said she was not able to receive a breast cancer jar so she made her own, filled it up, and gave it to me when we went to visit her this past week! Hands down, I think I have the best friends in the world...


No comments:

Post a Comment